89 posts tagged Weyland Investors
Variations of Peter Weyland’s signature I worked on for Prometheus. Using graphology as a base, I tried to reverse engineer his signature as a highly intelligent and narcissistic dreamer with psychopathic tendencies.
I over exaggerated the upper zones with unique ascenders in all of the signatures; as displayed in the “d” and “W”. I also experimented with various amounts of embellishment in the cursive versions while maintaining a clear baseline, which is seen in the “y” and few of the “P” letterforms.
How many of you are dressing up tonight as characters from the film? Anyone going asthe Deacon?
Even though it has been a while since we last posted, and even though the new tagline for the film is Questions Will Be Answered, there are still a couple of unanswered questions in regards to the viral:
What is this CLASSIFIED page on ProjectPrometheus that we are still missing? A mishap on behalf of Weyland (as there are quite a few pages not linked there)…
The third video clip on the Project Prometheus Careers page - what’s up with that? We all thought it was going to be released in anticipation of 10.11.12., at least, as you will read below, before that plan got shelved…
This was from Fast Co.Create’s profile of the entire campaign (our recaps of which are under the Past Investment Opportunities tag) back when the movie came out. Now, what happened was, when the US Blu-ray/DVD release of the film was originally planned for 10.11.12. - October 11, 2012 by the American dating system, when Weyland Corp was incorporated, everything was building up perfectly to that point, until Fox pushed the release date to October 9, deactivating the What is 10.11.12. site (which did kind-of act as a glorified promo for the Blu-ray special features), and replaced it with this. Now, I personally really don’t think what Ignition meant by the “something new [that] happens” was just the original Blu-ray release date. The folks at Prometheus-Movie.com say that there is something definitely happening on November 10, 2012, what Europeans consider to be 10.11.12., but only time will tell what…
So, what do you think of all this? Did Weyland abandon the viral ship or is there something else afoot? Let us know…also we have a new Google+ page so add us to your circles!
Look what just arrived this morning…
Get your own at source link.
4 clips from the first workprint of our upcoming Weyland Investors Extended Cut!
The first 2 clips are the restored captions to the scenes at the Isle of Skye and the Prometheus’ first introduction - they were missing from the iTunes DigitalHD release to allow for other languages’ captions. Recreated them exactly as they appeared in the film. Next is a re-cut version of Shaw’s post-caesarean corridor scene, the theatrical cut had this scene intercut with the Fifield attack scene, so in this edit the scene will be as one to make room for the alternate Fifield attack scene which takes place after that. As a bonus, I included a quickly re-cut in a similar way Fifield attack, that I use in my edit as a placeholder for the alt. version.
Original Movie Title: Prometheus
Fanedit Title: Prometheus - Weyland Investors Extended Cut
Directed by: Ridley Scott
Original runtime: 02:04:03
Fanedit runtime:02:16:15 (Workprint 1)
Format/resolution: 1280x532 (720p) x264 .mkv/AAC 2ch 320kbps
- Slight modification to Fox fanfare (props to anyone who guesses what it is)
- “Arrival of the Engineers” extended prologue scene added
- Captions for Isle of Skye scene and USCSS Prometheus introduction replaced as per the original film (iTunes version doesn’t have them to allow for different languages for the captions, might be the same with Blu-ray)
- “T’is the Season” extended scene added
- “Our First Alien “scene added
- “Skin” scene added
- “We’re Not Alone Anymore” scene added
- “Strange Bedfellows” alternate scene added
- “Holloway Hungover” scene added
- “David’s Objective” scene added
- “Janek fills Vickers in” scene added
- Shaw post-caesarean corridor sequence edited into one scene (as it cuts between Fifield fight and the former) - I might post a test of that soon
- “A King has his Reign” alternate scene added
- “Fifield Attacks” alternate scene added
- “The Engineer Speaks” extended scene added
- “Final Battle” extended scene added
- “Paradise” scene addedMaterial to be used: iTunes DigitalHD 720p release, Official Blu-ray (TBC)
Building Better Worlds since 10.11.12.
Follow your fellow @weylandinvestor on Twitter! Get the latest news on future investment opportunities and more!
And, by the looks of it, the Weyland Investors Cut is definitely a go…
Along with the brand new site at - you’re on it right now - http://weylandinvestors.com - we have launched a new Twitter account at @weylandinvestor (the 15-character username limit didn’t allow the ‘s’ in ‘investors’ unfortunately), so go ahead and give it a follow!
This site has been quiet for a while, so let’s update with the latest news regarding Prometheus:
- The special features of the upcoming DVD/Blu-ray release have been classified by the BBFC, including the brand new viral video Transmission, and a special feature on the early ‘leaked’ script, titled The Case of the Fanfic Fake. More information at The Weyland Chronicles.
- And the big one - a sequel to Prometheus has been confirmed to be in-development by 20th Century Fox in an statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
Fox confirms to THR that Scott and the studio actively are pushing ahead with a follow-up (stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed) and are talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available. “Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can’t rush it,” says Fox president of production Emma Watts, who also has overseen the successful reboots of the X-Men and Planet of the Apes franchises. A Prometheus sequel would be released in 2014 or 2015.
And as we know, the mysterious date of 10.11.12, in case you haven’t noticed, is the start date of the New York Comic-Con, so closer to the time this site will bring you more details regarding what might be going down…
So, all the best, and enjoy!
Your fellow Investor, out.